Re: McAfee VirusScan Disabling

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 01/21/05

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:29:19 -0500

Jim:

You are thinking the RETAIL versions. CB has McAfee Enterprise VirusScan v4.5.1 SP1 and is
a corporate version. It is current and does work with the SuperDAT and its own scheduler
update. this version of McAfee VirusScan is still current albeit the End of Life is
approaching.

| Upgrade
|
| Version 6 was the first XP McAfee version, they are at 9
| now....They stopped issuing updates for your version some
| time ago.
|

| "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| | Hi all,
| |
| | I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and McAfee VirusScan
| v4.5.1. SP1 (I
| | know, its old).  Occasionally, the Security Centre will
| advise me that
| | VShield has been disabled.  This appears to happen for no
| apparent reason.  I
| | have the latest scan engine and virus definitions (set up
| for live updates 10
| | minutes after the PC boots) and can find no viruses.
| |
| | Any suggestions?
| |
| | Thanks!
| |
| | CB
| |
| |

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Office Permissions Errors
    ... Download FileMon and RegMon from ... > Called McAfee again -- They said to do KB article 288991. ... >>> folder redirection via group policy and the user is in the ... >>> VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i which I believe is the root of the problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • RE: Office Permissions Errors
    ... This is from an Outlook chat: ... Called McAfee again -- They said to do KB article 288991. ... >> folder redirection via group policy and the user is in the ... >> VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i which I believe is the root of the problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Anti-Virus Software Runs Amok, Deleting Wrong Files
    ... Calif.-based McAfee acknowledged the gaffe and quickly ... VirusScan, VirusScan Online, LinuxShield and VirusScan ... She said Managed VirusScan and VirusScan Online have quarantine viewers ... Check out eWEEK.com's Security Center for the latest security news, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Mimail worm spreading in the wild
    ... > Since you claim to be an antivirus professional, ... > on an Exchange server to AV on a workstation is comparing apples to oranges. ... McAfee Installation Designer ... VirusScan for Win NT/2K/XP/2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: system 32/shell 32.dll
    ... Yes it appears that McAfee does not protect my computer as this is the 3rd ... I am trying Grisoft on my old Windows ME computer in the other room. ... Question: Is W95/CXT a virus? ... VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i ...