Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware Spyware Scan Results (poll)

From: Dick Harrison (RLHar_at_att.net)
Date: 01/18/05

    Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:59:16 GMT

    Below is my summary (I did not record the memory processes). My system is
    Dell Dimension 8200 1.9 Ghz windows XP Home with 512 Mb memory

    This is my first time running the MS beta product. Prior to running it I
    checked for updates to Spybot and ran it. The MS product still found a lot
    the Spybot missed or ???. After MS Anitspyware I ran Norton System Works
    Check-Up -- it found no problems with the registers or ...

    Microsoft AntiSpyware Spyware Scan Results
    >> ---
    >> Scan Summary:

    >> Spyware threats detected: 5
    >> ---
    >> Memory locations scanned: 1797

    >> Files scanned: 22,172
    >> Spyware files infected: 9
    >> ---
    >> Registry keys scanned: 8,693
    >> Registry keys infected: 661
    >> ---
    >> Total scan time: 29 min 28 secs

    Dick

    Th
    "lee" <lth@invalid.net> wrote in message
    > Orak Listalavostok wrote:
    >> POLL: How LONG does it take to run on YOUR system with what results?
    >> Here is what I get using the microsoft spyware beta1 on a 2 Ghz
    >> windows xp sp2 IBM A31p laptop with 1 GB memory & 500 bytes L1 cache.
    >> ---
    >> Microsoft AntiSpyware Spyware Scan Results
    >> ---
    >> Scan Summary
    >> Spyware threats detected: 0
    >> ---
    >> Memory processes scanned: 945
    >> Memory processes infected: 0
    >> ---
    >> Files scanned: 24196
    >> Spyware files infected: 0
    >> ---
    >> Registry keys scanned: 9837
    >> Registry keys infected: 0
    >> ---
    >> Total scan time: 57 min 33 secs
    >> ---
    >>
    >> What do YOU get (how long does it take you on what machine)?
    >>

    > Mine sure doesn't take that long. I have it installed on a Compaq P4 with
    > a 2.54 Ghz processor and 10GB of data. It scans 23,000 files in less than
    > 5 minutes.

    • Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware Spyware Scan Results (poll)
      ... Below is my summary (I did not record the memory processes). ... Dell Dimension 8200 1.9 Ghz windows XP Home with 512 Mb memory ... This is my first time running the MS beta product. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware Spyware Scan Results (poll)
      ... Below is my summary (I did not record the memory processes). ... Dell Dimension 8200 1.9 Ghz windows XP Home with 512 Mb memory ... This is my first time running the MS beta product. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware Spyware Scan Results (poll)
      ... Below is my summary (I did not record the memory processes). ... Dell Dimension 8200 1.9 Ghz windows XP Home with 512 Mb memory ... This is my first time running the MS beta product. ...
      (comp.security.misc)