Is Microsoft(TM) spreading spies?

From: Mark T.. (Any_at_NoSpam.Any)
Date: 01/11/05

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:21:20 +0000

Hi

I bet that I got your attention.

I am using Win XP SP1 because SP2 is too time expensive.

I would to know how to determine the real date, time and source of a
file installed via Internet.

I also would like to know how disable all remoting.

And also, is any authority from any country doing anything to punish the
retarded guys who spent their free time making virus and spyware?

Thanks in advance

MT

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems with ink pad in OE 6
    ... As far as updating your computer, since you are on dial-up, order a free SP2 CD. ... SP1 as well as all SP1 updates are included. ... I did get a w32.spybot virus in May but Norton picked it up before it got ...
  • Re: Repair XP SP2 installation with XP SP1 CD-ROM
    ... but for all intents an purposes the system is functioning exactly as a healthy SP1 OS as far as I can tell. ... Plus not having another machine here running a clean install of XP SP1 it is difficult to do a complete comparison. ... problems other than the the lack of security fixes included in SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Process.EnableRaisingEvents = true causes exception on Win2K3
    ... you can use the following line to lower your privilege ... When I used Process Explorer to look at the Security ... SP1 and SP2 were: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: How to boot XPe SP1 from a USB flash drive?
    ... You would really want to move to FP2007 (not just SP2) as some reducing footprint job has been done there by Microsoft. ... Your SP1 image should supposedly work even with SP2/FP2007 tools. ... supported there but lots of info has been posted in this NG on how to make the USB boot on XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Process.EnableRaisingEvents = true causes exception on Win2K3
    ... "To open a handle to another another local process and obtain full access rights, you must enable the SeDebugPrivilege privilege" ... When I used Process Explorer to look at the Security ... running SP1 that it didn't have with SP2 was "SeDebugPrivilege". ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)