Re: Attempted Intrusion "Welchia_ICMP_Scan" from your machine against

From: Chuck (Ummm_at_guess.org)
Date: 01/06/05

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:17:51 -0500

toons wrote:
> Okay, I have been having this problem for about 6 weeks and I dont like
> things like this because they tend to indicate a total screw around
> with my connections tray and plus, anyone attacking my system and I
> like to let them have a surprise package in return. Anyways, I have
> traced the problem and it is definitely Yahoo Messenger. In the last
> update, they have something in there that constantly tries to call
> home. When you have Norton Installed, it stops it and places a report.
> That is why it is mostly only Norton users that see the problem.
>
> Simple solution, disconnect Yahoo Messenger completely and shut it down
> when not in use. When it is in use, you have to live with it until Yahoo
> decide to either remove the protocol or clean it up. Frankly,
> programmers are just too lazy these days.:aaa
>
> Kaylene aka Taurarian wrote:
>
>>*Attempted Intrusion "Welchia_ICMP_Scan" from your machine against
>>

>>I have attempted to locate what the problem is but have been unable
>>to find it.
>>I have ran online virus scans, spybot, stinger, adaware etc.
>>
>>Have ran the Welchia removal tools.
>>
>>Cannot find any reference to this at all. Nortons Firewall is picking
>>up the
>>intrusion. NIS 2004
>>WinXP Operating System. *
>

> --
> toons

Might I suggest using trillian? You connect to the Yahoo services but
you are protected from their screwups. You don't get all the flash
though. Flash is what is causing your problem.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Attempted Intrusion "Welchia_ICMP_Scan" from your machine against
    ... things like this because they tend to indicate a total screw around ... When you have Norton Installed, it stops it and places a report. ... disconnect Yahoo Messenger completely and shut it down ... > WinXP Operating System. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: HELP!!! PAYSITE CHAT GROUPS
    ... I have XP professional running on my computer with NORTON ... ANTIVIRUS and SPYSWEEPER. ... I can get onto YAHOO messenger and MSN ... messenger to chat but cannot do this on paysite Have disabled XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to configure Norton in order to use Yahoo meseenger
    ... If I desactivate Norton then Yahoo messenger works. ... You're going to have to open inbound ports on Norton so the program can ... Google or call Nortons's Tech support. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Workbar in OE
    ... Or indeed the latest version of Yahoo Messenger! ... > Those with similar problems might want to follow Ellen's thread in Aumha ... >> One of the other things no longer working is the auto update for Norton. ...