Re: STILL major issues with POPUP POP BEHINDS and and other garba

From: amcguire (amcguire_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/31/04

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:03:03 -0800

You have the option of not using IE if you so choose. However, I've used it
for years and have never had a problem. Normally it's the user that does
something (or doesn't do something) that creates the problems. For example,
keeping IE current with updates, having AV protection, enabling ICF, using
SP2 (which has a lot of new security enhancements), running MBSA, etc. If
you still have problems with IE, I would love to hear about it. I never have
pop-ups, my spyware detection tools sit idle, and my laptop is often
connected to my wireless broadband for days on end (turned on) - never a
problem.

Just like anything, if you take care of your software, it will take care of
you. Firefox is good for those that don't know much about Windows security,
but keep in mind, you must have IE 6 SP1 to keep current with Windows Update.
 Even if you use Firefox, you can't neglect patching IE.