Re: STILL major issues with POPUP POP BEHINDS and and other garba

From: amcguire (amcguire_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/31/04

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:03:03 -0800

You have the option of not using IE if you so choose. However, I've used it
for years and have never had a problem. Normally it's the user that does
something (or doesn't do something) that creates the problems. For example,
keeping IE current with updates, having AV protection, enabling ICF, using
SP2 (which has a lot of new security enhancements), running MBSA, etc. If
you still have problems with IE, I would love to hear about it. I never have
pop-ups, my spyware detection tools sit idle, and my laptop is often
connected to my wireless broadband for days on end (turned on) - never a
problem.

Just like anything, if you take care of your software, it will take care of
you. Firefox is good for those that don't know much about Windows security,
but keep in mind, you must have IE 6 SP1 to keep current with Windows Update.
 Even if you use Firefox, you can't neglect patching IE.

"Sasquatch" wrote:

> Yeah I know. It would be great if we could just not use it at all. I
> consider it "Bills Creation" since he signs the paychecks ;-)
>

> "Mark Randall" <strike@rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > You don't have any say in the matter ;)
> >
> > IE is an integrated part of windows effectivly, besides 'Bill' did not
> make
> > it, some of the best programmers out there did... they just screwed up
> quite
> > a few times making what amounts to a huge program.
> >
> > - MR
> >
> > "Sasquatch" <none@thistime.com> wrote in message
> > > :-) True enough, but Firefox is so much easier. I would rather not
> worry
> > > about it and let Bills creation collect dust on my hard drive.
> > >
> > > Sas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: STILL major issues with POPUP POP BEHINDS and and other garba
    ... SP2 (which has a lot of new security enhancements), running MBSA, etc. ... Just like anything, if you take care of your software, it will take care of ... Firefox is good for those that don't know much about Windows security, ... Even if you use Firefox, ...
  • Re: Linux 2.6.29
    ... Using fsync on that thing was just stupid, ... You may not care about that, but others do care about the integrity of the database that stores the active FF state, a database which necessarily changes for each URL visited. ... as one of those users with many windows tabs open, even the curent firefox behavior isn't good enough because it doesn't let me _not_ load everything back in when a link I go to triggers a crash in firefox every time it loads. ... ted's suggestion to tweak fsync to 'misbehave' when laptop mode is enabled would really work well for most users. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Firefox and rendering JPEG2000s
    ... I permit the script. ... such as curl. ... Why do you think anyone would care? ... but what's that got to do with what Firefox does? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Problem with XP scheduler?
    ... I don't care about your guilt trips. ... What YOU think is the highest priority item for ME, ... The official distribution of Firefox does not include any kernel drivers. ...
  • Re: [OT] Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft
    ... you can disable secure boot and be happy.. ... we don't have to care about Windows security, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)