Re: TROJAN--EXPLOIT-MhtRedir...

From: Jurren Bouman [MVP - Security] (jurren_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/10/04

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:20:57 +0100

rman7600 wrote:
> I have a TROJAN on my C Drive called :"EXPLOIT-MhtRedir...
> My McAfee Viriscan can't DELETE, CLEAN, or QUARANTINE it because it is
> "Write-Protected".
> McAfee Web Page refers me to Microsoft update page BUT, EVERYTIME I TRY TO
> INSTALL THE PATCHES FROM MICROSOFT THEY WON'T INSTALL !
> HOW do I correct this problem ? Thanks.

Post your issue at the McAfee Support Forums:
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewforum.php?f=49

Also post more information about your computer, Windows version etc.

If the virus is located in the "System Restore" area then you'll need to
turn off this feature in Windows. See this article:
"How to turn on and turn off System Restore in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310405

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Desperate for HELP
    ... 2-realized that virus software was not working, purchased McAfee. ... I tried to "system restore" to back before all of the problems, ... I can't even get to the McAfee software, or to windows help - nothing. ... Even in safe-mode, nothing works now except the internet, and it won't even ...
  • RE: No System Restore, Anti-Virus wont start, No Windows Update....
    ... I am running Windows ME and have this same problem. ... system restore would not work anymore. ... I ran the virus scan, spybot, ... Then I tried to re-install McAfee ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP help needed
    ... I have a feeling that it is not McAfee. ... Is there a way to perform a system restore without using the program? ... restore program since the windows are blank and all the links/buttons do not ... but I am still left with the same blank screens. ...
  • Re: Backdoor AZV
    ... If you have any questions about McAfee then I'd post your issue here: ... But you have to turn off the System Restore in Windows, reboot and enable it ... How to Turn On and Turn Off System Restore in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: TROJAN--EXPLOIT-MhtRedir...
    ... >> McAfee Web Page refers me to Microsoft update page BUT, EVERYTIME I TRY TO ... > Also post more information about your computer, Windows version etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)