Re: explorer.exe

From: Br0wnbear (brownbearat_at_canadadotcom.com)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:32:51 -0500

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:28:36 +1100, "Moir" <lvr181@nospamhotmail.com>
wrote:

>Using Windows XP Home SP1.
>
>I ran Sysinternals Autoruns.exe and on the report I got, was the following
>entry:
>
>HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run KLP. Description -
>Windows explorer, Publisher - (Not Verified) Microsoft Corporation, Image
>Path - c:\windows\$ntservicepackuninstall$\explorer.exe.
>
>Is this a Trojan? I would have thought that explorer.exe was in the
>windows\system32 file?
>
>Please advise. Thanks

What did your Anti-Virus product say?
Did you forward the file to an antivirus company for analysis?

Try the following web site, Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
hth
John Brown
Bears are always happy, we get to hibern8 and
now I am going back to sleep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hacked
    ... >that is known as a port used by a trojan horse. ... I just started using NetWatchman. ... report hits automatically on your firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Spyware/viruses sent through e-mail?
    ... OK ther ZLob Trojan is associated with the SmitFraud Trojan and a familiy of malware... ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Firewall reports....
    ... After getting a little paranoid about a intruder in my PC. ... A remote computer is attempting to communicate with a service on your ... Norton AV, The Cleaner, and PC Cillin don't report any ... Trojan, but I believe I was intruded, since some information ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Hacked
    ... that is known as a port used by a trojan horse. ... Forget it, he didn't attack you. ... You can find out the ISP, ... > Can I report them to anyone ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: trojan vundo in system 32
    ... Virus Scan Report File ... Scanning for 167896 viruses, trojans and variants. ... Found the AdClicker-AJ trojan!!! ...