Re: Trojan.Dropper.Funweb.A

From: Bud Z (lzimmerman1_at_cfl.rr.com.invalid)
Date: 11/16/04

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:02:56 -0500

Dave and Alex,

Thanks so much for the help, I would have never gotten it without your help.
I'm going to keep these notes in case this ever happens again.
What I don't understand is why the BitDefender support team couldn't have
given me these instructions.
Maybe BitDefender is not as good as they claim.
Thanks again, I surly appreciate it.
Can I ask you what virus program either of you would recommend?
I've tried f-prot, McCaffee, Norton, and a couple others but had problems
with them also.

Bud Z

Bud Z
> Dump the contents of the Trash bin !
>
> Dave
>

> "Bud Z" <lzimmerman1@cfl.rr.com.invalid> wrote in message
> | Alex,
> |
> | Thanks for the response. I deleted the cab file in the safe mode but
> then
> | when I ran a scan, it showed up in
> | C:\RECYCLER as:
> | S-1-5-21-1645522239-1060284298-1343024091-1003\Dc95.95.cab=>f3Setup1.exe
> | and I can't delete it in the safe mode like I did the other.
> | I don't know!!!!!!!!!
> |
> | Thanks anyway,
> |
> | Bud Z
> | "Alex.V.Prokhorov" <(nospam:)alexvp@ch(dot)moldpac.md> wrote in message
> | > Into the name of Electron, and Silicon, and Binary Numeration,
> greet
> | > you Bud Z! I wish to continue prayer, addressed by you at November, 15
> | > somebody, on cause "Re: Trojan.Dropper.Funweb.A".

> detects
> | > the
> scans.

> | > ??>> Bud Z:
> | > ??>>
> | > ??>> First dump the contents of the IE cache..
> | >
> | > Are you did it? After flushing the IE cache trojan still there?
> | >
> | > ??>> start --> settings --> control panel --> Internet options -->
> | > ??>> Choose; Delete files
> | >
> | > [Sorry, skipped]
> | >
> | > ??|>> I have BitDefender Pro virus software version 7.2.
> | > ??|>> When I run the virus scan I keep getting this infected file even
> | > ??|>> though the last time I ran it, it deleted it.
> | >
> | > It seems you are not attentively. Look in your BitDefender's log:
> | > "Update failed"! BitDefender are trying to remove trojan from
> cab-archive,
> | > but *can't delete it!*
> | >
> | > ??|>> Example:
> | > ??|>> "tempory internet files\content
> | > ??|>>
> Ie5\QLYTOD8X\SmileyCentralInitialSetup1.0.0.8[1].cab=>f3setup1.exe"
> | > ??|>> I run a search including system and operating files from windows
> | > ??|>> explorer to delete this file but can't locate this cab file.
> | >
> | > Almost everything necessary done. What I can suggest you... Either:
> | > 1) Look in "Control panel" -> "Add/Remove Program" for something
> like
> | > "SmileyCentral". Uninstall, if any is their;
> | > 2) Open Windows Explorer, paste in address bar "C:\Documents and
> | > Settings\Bud\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
> Files\Content.IE5\QLYTOD8X"
> | > and press "Enter". Look for cab-file like
> | > "SmileyCentralInitialSetup1.0.0.8[1].cab" and try to remove it
> manually.
> | > Be
> | > sure you can see every system, hidden and protected file;
> | > 3) Try to boot in safe mode or with other (certainly clean) media.
> Then
> | > try to find and destroy affected cab.
> | >
> | > --
> | > <EOF>!
> | > Alex.V.Prokhorov.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan.Dropper.Funweb.A
    ... | Dave and Alex, ... | Bud Z ... |> | and I can't delete it in the safe mode like I did the other. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: How do I create a "fixed-width" datafile?
    ... I do need to save the file as a "fixed field". ... > I have about 30 columns of data with 2-35 characters per cell. ... >> Alex K wrote: ... >> Dave Peterson ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Find files in a date range?
    ... Dave M said the following on 07/27/2007 08:19 PM: ... "The 'Analog Holes' they want to stop up are our eyes, ears and mouths." ... I wrote the attached Python script. ... Alex ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Who is going to Unicon- pictures please
    ... as will the nutters pictured in helmets here, ... alex, and dave): ... Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Re: OT: Some good news from "the Obama economy"
    ... LOL Don't worry about it steam - I've been on it for months, as has Dave ... and Bud but he just can't help himself. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)