Re: Can't get rid of Trojan horse Backdoor

From: BH2 (NOSPAMfurness50_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/14/04

Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:47:41 +0800

For some reason it won't let me start the computer in the safe mode, I go to
and accept the safe mode, It also load some drivers and shows them in text
what it is loading, then just stops with a blank screen.
Regards
Bob

"BH2" <NOSPAMfurness50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need some help please. I run AVG virus checker, it has picked up a
> Trojan
> horse in C\WINDOWS\system32\d3dcfo.dll Trojan horse.Backdoor.agent.BA.
> AVG
> has detected the virus, but it will not delete or rename it or isolate
> it.
> I downloaded the AVG cleaner but can't get into the safe mode to run it.
> Everytime I open any program the AVG splash screen comes up and tells me
> about the virus and where it is.
> Would appreciate any help in getting rid of it, it is driving me nuts.
> Also because I am infected does this mean that AVG is not very good.
> Thanks for any help
> Regards
> Bob H

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Downloader.small virus keeps coming back!!! Please HELP!
    ... | I am having problems removing a Downloader.Small virus. ... | directory no matter how many times I clean it using AVG. ... | 2) Run AVG in SAFE MODE ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Backdoor.agent.ba ----- Malke
    ... Can I just delete a .dll file in safe mode without messing ... > Norton initially told me I had a similiar virus and I ... Norton found no virus. ... > than downloaded a free copy of software from AVG. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Win2000 non dos partition
    ... I use AVG which I have found better than any ... run the program from normal mode, safe mode ... it will not find ALL virus corruptions but I ... On a FAT32 system I can also boot from a bootable floppy, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: how do i get files to disk while in safe mode
    ... what it is they have managed to get a bad virus on it even though they have ... got AVG on it. ... now i have got the copmuter in safe mode and have sorted out all the stuff ... if i cant do it by putting them to disk or stick if i was to put it in safe ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MyDoom & Doomjuice
    ... > Doomjuice variance worm. ... > computer doesn't have virus, but the 30 secs or so AVG ... > unable to (can run Spybot in safe mode). ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)