Re: Worm Literally Moves Around The Screen and Bites??? what's the name of this??
From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:27:18 -0500
1) Download the following three items...
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend signature files.
Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop
(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Dowload the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt246.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
* * * Please report back your results * * *
"Carlos" <email@example.com> wrote in message
| Hi, a friend of a friend has a virus (i guess) in which a worm moves
| around the screen and then points towards the user and opens its jaws
| and bites, it also slows up the internet connection speed. What virus
| is it, and which program will clear it up? I think it only appears
| when they open internet explorer. Any ideas???