Re: DNS Error can't access internet

From: Little L (LittleL_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/27/04

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:41:06 -0700

Thanks very much, this was indeed the problem and i'm back online now!!

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> WinSOCK may be damaged. Try LSP-Fix
>
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
>
> Dave
>

> "Little L" <Little L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi there i hope someone can help because i'm stumped!
> |
> | I had a grand total of 11 viruses on my PC, i have removed them all and all
> | spy-ware using symantic anti-virus and adaware. XP service pack 2 and
> | internet security is also installed. However, i can no longer access the
> | internet and keep getting a DNS error. I am with Wanadoo broadband and am
> | having no problem getting a connection, i just can't access any websites. I
> | am able to ping ISPs DNS servers but it will not resolve any names to IP.
> | Can't ping any names or access any web pages.
> |
> | Many thanks in advance!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DNS Error cant access internet
    ... Try LSP-Fix ... Dave ... | internet security is also installed. ... | am able to ping ISPs DNS servers but it will not resolve any names to IP. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • DNS Error cant access internet
    ... spy-ware using symantic anti-virus and adaware. ... internet security is also installed. ... am able to ping ISPs DNS servers but it will not resolve any names to IP. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Spyfader
    ... when finished will generate a log file and save a copy of that file ... Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com, David ... H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz, Beauregard T. ... run a full Norton (Internet Security 2008) scan, Adaware, Spybot S&D, and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: firewall and anti virus combo (whats best)
    ... "Lil' Dave" wrote: ... >>> dangerous threat Symantec and Network Associates have been scrambling to ... >>> The Best System I have found is Panda Platinum Internet Security and Its ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What does this mean?
    ... Dave wrote: ... > Internet Security 2005. ... >>and just recently upgraded my Symantic software and this is when I started ... >>getting this error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)