Re: wire-tap

From: Jim Macklin (p51mustang[threeX12)
Date: 10/26/04

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:41:03 -0500

Do you mean you have Norton (not norman)?

rd means redirect to international adserver.net.
doubleclick.net is also an ad tracking site and it isn't a
good thing.

You seem to have been hijacked.

Most likely YOU opened some website and did not block
installation of the adware/spyware that took over your
browser.

Get SpyBot Search & Destroy from www.safer-networking.org
and Ad-Aware SE Personal from www.lavasoftusa.com
install and run their updates, then scan you computer.

Be sure to update your anti-virus at least weekly.

For more info on security see http://www.aumha.org/index.htm

"anja" <anja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| hi everyone
| my operating system is xp sp1 and i have a virus program
and a personal
| firewall, norman. i have a broadband connection to net.
this last weekend i
| had some problems to register into pages which are
maintained of my operator.
| i got the next message several times: the certificate is
incorrect.
| ad.doubleclick.net is right, but on the message it was
rd.intl.adserver.net.
| then there was also that someone is maybe wire-tapping me.
what is this?? can
| i open those pages or what should i do?? i wrote to my
operator, but didn't
| get any answers. i hope this makes sense to you and you
understand the
| question.
| thanks a lot forward
| anja

Relevant Pages

  • Re: adodb.Connection execute to Excel 12.0 from vb script
    ... Thanks for your help Norman. ... with the company that manage my clients computers. ... they are running a microsoft installation program. ... problems with command execute. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.vba)
  • Re: ServicePack2+Firewall
    ... denn es ist die Version "Norman Internet ... also das Gesamtpaket aus Virenscanner und Firewall und ich ... > Installation des SP2 betrifft, so halte dich bitte an die Vorgaben, ... warum man die XP-eigene Firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • Re: Microsoft bullying letter :(
    ... out how loaning me a copy of your software to repair my computer ... installation would cost Microsoft one cent, ... you and Norman need to get a room and let this one die a death. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: IE6 Updates
    ... >Hi Norman, ... >leg doch die Updates auf einen Server, ... >Bitte gib in der Newsgroup Deinen kompletten Namen an! ... >Gruß Alfred ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.sonstiges)
  • Re: My Space
    ... A number of my nieces and other friends ... But when I log onto my page to see if there is any news updates ... Draper gave Bob Dorgan a Wedgie" there is a hide icon. ... Norman Draper ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)