Re: Trend vs McAfee in SMB environment

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/23/04

Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:16:45 -0400

Here's an example how good McAfee is. One of my users on Wednesday received a CitiBank
spoof.
McAfee flagged it is as a "Exploit-BankFrd.eml" (not exact text) in the user's Outlook XP
InBox.. The even was logged, I got an email and I got a NetBIOS Pop-Up. Neither the Trend
Border Gateway nor NAV on Exchange Server caught it ;-)

Dave

"William Leung" <William Leung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Dave,
|
| Thanks for your input. During my evaluation, I definetely preferred
| McAfee's ePolicy management console over Trend's.
|
| William.
|
| "David H. Lipman" wrote:
|
| > McAfee Enterprise v7.1 -- No contest !
| > Same version for servers and workstations. Just add Alert Manager v4.7 on Servers.
| >
| > Dave
| >

| > "William Leung" <William Leung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Has anyone had any significant problems with McAfee or Trend when used to
| > | protect desktops and file servers? I'm evaluating Trend and McAfee for an
| > | environment with about 50 desktops and 8 servers and I'm searching for
| > | people's opionions on both products. I've had a good experience with McAfee
| > | in the past but I've been hearing a lot of good things about Trend. I've
| > | downlaod an evaluation of Trend's client / server / messaging (CMS) for SMB
| > | suite and was disappointed at how extremely difficult it was to install on
| > | Win 2003 Server. On top of that, when I pushed the AV client out to a file
| > | server in my test environment, the server did not appear in my mangagement
| > | console.
| > |
| > | William Leung

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IETLBASS.dll trojan
    ... Trend is SLOW at producing Pattern Files. ... If you would like to try the McAfee Command Line Scanner, ... "Dave" wrote in message ... |> "safe" location and NAV/SAV should give you the capability of dumping any quarantine ...
  • RE: Incoming Fax error
    ... I.Verify the SMTP Virtual Server settings. ... Verify that automatic routing is enabled for email and Sharepoint. ... If the administrative groups are displayed, expand Administrative ... III.What's the version of McAfee running on the SBS server? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook Express error when sending email
    ... >> with McAfee Antivirus and Firewall disabled. ... >> Looking on MS's Knowledge Base, the error means "0x800CCC0B BUSY Server ... >> The SMTP server was definitely correct - it was the same ISP and same ... > make a clean installation. ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: Outlook Express error when sending email
    ... |> Are you using the SMTP server belonging to the ISP which provides the ... |>> with McAfee Antivirus and Firewall disabled. ... | it was only when I disabled McAfee's AV and firewall that Outlook Express ... |> make a clean installation. ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: Trend - CSM
    ... I don't even like switching versions of same manufacturer - in the ... > The mcafee products I use for the same Server/Exchange Client scenario is ... >>>Server is a 2003 Server with ISA ... >>>However in the Security Dashboard under LIVE STATUS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)