Re: Can not access Windows Update or view control panel on ME machine

From: Philip Herlihy (foof8501_at_herlihy.eu.veil.com)
Date: 10/23/04

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:13:01 +0100

Can you get any data off it and then reinstall?

The Pandasoftware online scan is very good, if you want to keep looking for
nasties, but it sounds hopelessly corrupted to me. A fresh reinstall is
very reassuring.

If you go down that path, consider downloading and running the Everest
utility (free for home use from http://www.lavalys.com/) so you know what
drivers you might be looking for.

--
##  PH, London