Re: How do I diable MS anti Virus

From: Paul (Paul_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/19/04

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:11:07 -0700

Thank you very much.

"Malke" wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
> > I am using Norton Anti Virus and prefer to use it for now. When I
> > click on security center in the control panel Firewall and Auto Update
> > have buttons to
> > control options. Anti Virus doesn't. How do I disable MS anti virus?
> >
> > Paul
>
> I assume you have XP SP2. There is no antivirus included in SP2. You are
> seeing the alerts. Open the Security Center applet and on the left,
> click "Change the way Security Center alerts me". Uncheck the box for
> the antivirus alert.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Warning
    ... > Nortons Anti Virus With Auto Updates when ever I log onto the internet. ... Security Center Notifies Me" link in the left pane. ...
  • Re: question on anti virus programs
    ... Bonnie wrote: ... > Norton Anti Virus, or Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet ... Security, for many years, on Win98, WinNT, Win2K, and WinXP, all ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: trojan horse problem?
    ... Symantec doesn't not recognize any security products except their own. ... symantec said that I didn't have a firewall installed and I didn't ... > have any anti virus program installed and advised me to install both. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Windows security center
    ... This is normal and not a problem as demonstrated by the warning going away ... If you had 9 viruses, ... Make sure your anti virus is updated at least weekly. ... > security center and a second later it goes from off to on. ...
  • Re: Re: Pissed off in Wales, UK
    ... Microsoft does not include an anti virus utility in its present programs. ... If you want anti virus protection you install an AVP. ... >> into the OE Security settings and adjust it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)