Re: Bloodhound Virus

From: Bpac (Bpac_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:13:01 -0700

"Bpac" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I am not that savvy. What do you mean to extract the
> files that are in the zip files? I tried to run it in safe mode and it told me that the pattern file LPT$VPN is missing? Can you explain? Thanks
>
> "David H. Lipman" wrote:
>
> > Create a directory like; c:\sysclean.
> >
> > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
> > Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in; c:\sysclean
> >
> > http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp
> > Downloadl lpt198.zip
> >
> > Extract the file that are in the ZIP file and place them in; c:\sysclean
> >
> > In Safe Mode
> > Excecute; c:\sysclean\sysclean.com
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > "Bpac" <Bpac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | Hello David, I have tried to go through this process keep getting stuck. I am
> > | getting a message about the LPT$VFN files. Am I suppose to drag it into the
> > | Sysclean package? Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I think my pc have been hacked.
    ... I have tried to reinstall WinXP and some important missing files cannot be repaired. ... All points to restore system is gone, I cannot run safe mode. ... The program for my ADSLconnection is not working and now uninstalled due to traffic over the modem. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Unable To BOOT
    ... > I have as my operating system… Windows XP Pro upgrade ... > However I can’t get to operating system. ... > selecting Safe Mode the next screen gives me the ERRORS above, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • unable to boot into win2k after virus cleanup
    ... Try going into safe mode using the step by step method ... time to get all the file that are missing or corrupt. ... >booting into NT and running anti-virus on win2k ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: NTLDR missing
    ... >>hit the switch on my power strip. ... >>NTLDR is missing ... >>I can't even start up the computer in safe mode as the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: take ownership
    ... I needed to boot into safe mode to be able to change the ... >Jupiter Jones ... >> I would like to change ownership of a folder, ... Am I doing something wrong or missing something? ...