Re: Looking for info on a possible Virus !

From: George (gfurley_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:28:01 +0100

Jason,

Thanks for your reply. Could you be a bit more specific reference the
viruses that can do this. By the way my anti-virus release date is shown in
European format (dd/MM/yy).

        Thanks.

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "George" wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > Wonder does anyone know of a virus which might cause Outlook Express to
> > create multiple additional Mail accounts and then connect to and check
them.
> > The accounts were set up to leave a copy of mail on Server. The
accounts
> > were all of people in my contacts list and I don't know where it got the
> > passwords from. Just trying to check all the possibilities before I
> > continue investigating the incident. Thanks.
> >

> > ---
> >

> There are many viruses that can do this.Looking at your post your virus
> detection is 2 months old THIS IS NOT GOOD.
> http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/programs.asp?Program=IRCBot%20Detector

---

  • Re: Virus protection
    ... >AVG has kept my systems free of viruses for several years. ... >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... The viruses and worms coming out since 26/02/2004 appear quite scary! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Virus protection
    ... |>AVG has kept my systems free of viruses for several years. ... |>> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Virus protection
    ... |>AVG has kept my systems free of viruses for several years. ... |>> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Started all over.
    ... If you want to post a link to the wav file, ... so I went back and looked at the html presentation the one guy made. ... >>> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • RE: Why repost this? (was Re: [OT] Humour)
    ... >It is used reflexively for emphasis as in the dictionary definition "for ... >Yes, I understand that it is a reflexive pronoun, but it appears to ... >>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (comp.os.vms)