Re: reboots by itself

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/10/04

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:03:26 -0400

If a ScanDisk or Defrag won't complete in Normal Mode, perform them in Safe Mode.

If the system reboots autonomously then you may have a hardware problem; CPU, CPU cooling
fan, memory, etc, will cause this.

Dave

"Bill" <txng99-newsitems@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Haven't been able to figure out what has happened. The last 2 days, my
| system reboots by itself. Windows 99 SE with IE 6.0 and OE. I did a disk
| fragmentation about 3 days ago, today I couldn't get disk fragment to work,
| nor scandisk. It stops as something keeps writing, or something of that
| sort, disconnected the computer completely from the net, and still none will
| work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
|
| --
| Bill.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: reboots by itself
    ... > If a ScanDisk or Defrag won't complete in Normal Mode, ... CPU, CPU cooling ... > | fragmentation about 3 days ago, today I couldn't get disk fragment to ... > | nor scandisk. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: I can not logon in safe mode
    ... I went back to normal mode and I remove the password. ... tried to logon to Safe Mode and the system reboots. ... I can not logon as an Administrator or on my regular account in Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: HELP!!! Files locked out
    ... You won't be able to run this in normal mode, ... follow the prompts to schedule it to occur when the system reboots. ... Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ... I get a message saying the disk is ...
  • Re: HELP!!! Files locked out
    ... > Hi Robert, ... You won't be able to run this in normal mode, ... > follow the prompts to schedule it to occur when the system reboots. ... > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...