Re: Blood Hound Virus

From: Robert Moir (bofh_at_mvps.org)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:24:47 +0100

andy smart wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
>> how do i get rid of this virus and what does it do to my computer
>
> For what it does:
> http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=BLOODHOUND.A

That virus isn't in the wild Andy, and its been around since 2001 so i'd
expect any virus scanner that found and identified it to be able to remove
it without any bother.

It is far more likely that the original poster is running Norton Antivirus
and that is talking about a bloodhound virus, which as I'm sure you know is
a special case and needs to be handled differently from the normal approach
one might take to a virus.

For those people out there who don't know what Norton means when it talks
about bloodhound viruses, there is a summary here -->
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/bloodhound.html

Rob Moir, Microsoft MVP for servers & security
Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
Virtual PC 2004 FAQ - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html
Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.