IE crashed from trojans/viruses?

From: barb (dbarbarela_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/07/04

    Date: 6 Oct 2004 23:22:52 -0700

    Somehow various programs got installed on my computer - IF01.exe,
    dp807615.exe, tvm_b5.exe, julie.exe, sdmsg.exe, sd.exe, and more.
    I deleted these programs, and ran adaware and spybot. However, these
    two programs crashed.
    Whenever I try to launch my internet explorer, the computer freezes,
    until I go to task manager and end the process.

    Help, what can I do? Is there anything that I can alter in the
    registery? I'm not really an expert, so any advice would be
    appreciated. I'm now using my old netscape browser, and can hardly go
    to any site with it...

    Any tip will be appreciated!

    • My IE crashed
      ... Somehow various programs got installed on my computer - IF01.exe, ... and ran adaware and spybot. ... so any advice would be ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • IE crashed by trojans/viruses?
      ... Somehow various programs got installed on my computer - IF01.exe, ... and ran adaware and spybot. ... so any advice would be ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • IE crashed by trojans/viruses?
      ... Somehow various programs got installed on my computer - IF01.exe, ... and ran adaware and spybot. ... so any advice would be ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Adaware, Spyware, Spybot
      ... Cris wrote: ... >> Does Spybot perform the same functions as adaware? ... My advice is to run both of them. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: New Trojan?
      ... Spybot 1.3 and AdAware 6. ... does he remember if he used IE6 or Firefox. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)