Re: Please Help I Think I Have A Virus!

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:35:19 -0400

1) Download the following two items...

        Trend Sysclean Package

         Latest Trend signature files.

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt186.zip

sysclean.com.

2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
4) Using the Trend Sysclean utility, perform a Full Scan of your platform and
        clean/delete any infectors found
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
            System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
7) Reboot your PC.
8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
9) Please report back your results

Dave