Re: Java/Byte Verify Virus
From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:49:13 -0400
1) Download the following two items...
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend signature files.
Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop
(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Dowload the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt186.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
2) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
4) Using the Trend Sysclean utility, perform a Full Scan of your platform and
clean/delete any infectors found
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
7) Reboot your PC.
8) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
9) Please report back your results
"Java Man" <email@example.com> wrote in message
| Got a virus that plaguing my anti-virus called
| JavaByte Verify. Any tips on how to remove this virus,
| where on the C drive it's probably stored and what to do
| to keep it from coming back. Maybe has something to do
| with Microsoft Virtual Machine, running Windows 98SE.