Re: Spyware / Spybot

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 10/03/04

    Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:39:37 -0700

    Thank you very much.

    message
    >| Getting popups announcing spyware has infected my
    system -
    >| directs me to purchase software, etc. I downloaded
    >| SPYBOT from Microsoft site, have run the program
    several
    >| times and it shows the same items as being resident.
    It
    >| also says it removes them each time, but with every
    >| reboot, the same popups appear.
    >|
    >| I have lost control of identifying my search engine
    >| homepage - it automatically sends me to about:blank
    >| homepage. I am also denied access to certain of my
    >| Favorite webpages - I am automatically kicked out and
    >| returned to about:blank page.
    >|
    >| Running Windows XP Professional.
    >|
    >| Thanks in advance.
    >

    >.

    • Re: Spyware / Spybot
      ... do it in Safe Mode. ... Dave ... | Getting popups announcing spyware has infected my system - ... | reboot, the same popups appear. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Nasty Spyware
      ... Are you sure they are IE PopUps and not a Messenger message? ... | I run adaware and spybot regularly in safe mode, ... I need a better spyware scan to get rid of this. ...
    • Re: More Ammunition for Settling my Argument Needed (Long Again)
      ... Answers inline as well as my "large 'secure your pc' rant" at the bottom. ... Spyware can be Active-X, Cookies, Plugin, ... applications that are freshly updated with Spyware definitions so it finds ... I cannot personally classify web page popups as ...
    • Re: MS Outlook 2K3 - Cant insert backgound sounds anymore, help!
      ... >person on the other end better be runnig Outlook as well. ... deal with Spyware, ... distributed newsgroup, ... although that will lessen your popups on the Internet/while ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Popups & Adware disable laptop
      ... It might help to run your parasite removal programs in safe mode, ... has a built in pop up blocker that worked very well. ... > the last 7-8 months with no problems whatsoever relative to popups and ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)