Re: Suspected virus/high jack

From: Sweden ((Sweden)_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/03/04

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:13:01 -0700

Yeah... my son actually ran Adaware just before the problems started.
Will try it out tomorrow and post feedback.

Thanks!!

"Malke" wrote:

> Did you clean up some spyware first? This sounds like it might be the
> Blazefind wsaupdater issue. Here's a link to information and a fix:
>
> Lavasoft article:
> http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE6 error, long msg, please read!
    ... it will not detect or clean other types of warez. ... Also, Adaware ... Download Sysclean.com, from Trend Micro, here: ... (You might also want to get Art's updater, SYS-UP.Zip, here for future ...
  • Re: (RCSD) Screen capture software for free
    ... drops all of the crap references in the registry, ... I can clean up the drive and do it ... it is not a Verizon thing, MS says the programs were in the HP when I ... Are you sure that AdAware is free? ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: IE6 error, long msg, please read!
    ... it will not detect or clean other types of warez. ... Also, Adaware ... >newsgroup, but to the SpywareInfo or the Aumha HiJackThis ... download a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following ...
  • Re: possible respawning virus
    ... possible respawn of virus or adware wrote: ... infected with something,i run norton but it comes up clean so when i ... run my adaware it comes up with an object that says it is a browser ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Ask Windows XP Expert Walter Clayton About Spyware
    ... Get AdAwareSE from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html and SpyBot ... Once that completes run AdAware. ... Repeat a scan with both products until clean. ... http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2859.html and download and install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)