different kinds of attatchments?

From: Marcy (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:52:44 -0700

Hi- I use Yahoo for my email & check for my messages on
their site. Lately I've been getting bulk mail (no doubt
they are viruses) but most of them are 13K or less. There
is one there that has an attatchment. I know that with
yahoo, it lets you scan an email from their site (they
use norton) that has an attatchment. But, not all things
get scanned that have the paper clip on the message,for
exam pictures. They just open up in the same window when
you click to open the email. Which emails that come as
attatchments are the ones that get scanned. Do they have
some kind of code that tells yahoo that it will give you
that option? How can I know if its safe to open an
attatchment. (see, I have a small business and can expect
to get emails from unknown persons that get my e-address
from my business card)-I have xp,ZA,AVG,Ad-aware, and
have patched up my sp1 version.thanks
I do have

Relevant Pages

  • Re: different kinds of attatchments?
    ... send an email or call them if you are NOT expecting email with an ... | Hi- I use Yahoo for my email & check for my messages on ... | is one there that has an attatchment. ... I have a small business and can expect ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • ? about efficiency of AV program
    ... I use yahoo for all my email-I really dont get ... an attatchment. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Send e-mail to localhost
    ... I have acron job that send mutt mail with attatchment. ... have separate line. ... through it send the error message to the root user? ... Protect your identity with Yahoo! ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: what kind of virus is this one??
    ... THanks Malke. ... I use yahoo to read email. ... all- I know that with yahoo, to open an email that has an attatchment, you ... >> and got infected with a virus by doing so. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Yahoo Offers Moveable Type For Bloggers
    ... Yahoo Inc. and Six Apart Ltd., creator of Movable Type -- the most ... business," he said. ... professional bloggers to create easily updated Web sites. ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)