Re: About:blank

From: Lawrence Abrams (grinler-AT=bleepingcomputer.com)
Date: 09/27/04

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:49:02 -0400

Follow these instructions to get help with the removal of this infection:

Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory
like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the
backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis.php

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the
program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config
button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for
update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the
back button.

Now click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log
button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on
Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.

Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created
log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. To do this, once you are
registered, create a new post, right click in message area and select paste
to paste the log into the post.

An expert will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries
unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing as you may cause
more damage to the system

To see a tutorial on using HijackThis you can click on the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial42.html

--
Lawrence Abrams
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/Merijn/hijackthis.zip
"SJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my home page keeps getting reset to About:blank search
> page and I can't figure out how to remove it. I use
> checkIt86 spyware software and it dose not detect
> anything. Does any one know how to detect or remove this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Redirecting HomePage ->About:Blank
    ... Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy. ... Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created ... log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. ... Source for Original Content, Tutorials, and Support for the beginning ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: 180search assistant
    ... Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy. ... Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created ... log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. ... Source for Original Content, Tutorials, and Support for the beginning ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: ShopNav search engine
    ... Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy. ... Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created ... log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. ... Source for Original Content, Tutorials, and Support for the beginning ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: I can open task manager
    ... > regestration edit or msconfig at all. ... Download Spybot and Adaware from the following locations and install them. ... Fixing enties with Hijackthis may leave behind unwanted files on your ... Source for Original Content, Tutorials, and Support for the beginning ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: trojan horse dialer