Re: unable to receive data packets

From: andy smart (anonymus_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/26/04

Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:52:21 +0100

Steve Monroe wrote:

> I'm not sure if i have a virus or not. Something may have
> corrupted my TCP/IP. In the Local Area Connection Status
> window i can see that packets are being sent but 0 (zero)
> packets are received. I have tried a new network adapter
> and new cables and no luck. So I'm thinking something has
> screwed with my OS. I am running Win 2000 Pro. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
>
> Steve

Have you tried it in a different network socket, or better still plugged
   directly into the switch? Are you running a firewall? Are you getting
flashing lights on the nic?

You could try downloading and running ethereal (www.ethereal.com) which
would let you actually see the traffic in detail.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: unable to receive data packets
    ... Steve Monroe wrote: ... In the Local Area Connection Status ... > packets are received. ... I have tried a new network adapter ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Difficult Problem - Internet Access Issue
    ... by a firewall. ... - Open the network adapter status display on both machines ... > Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2: ... >>> The destructive restore did not solve the performance problems and I ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: local area connections
    ... Just delete them and reboot the machine. ... To delete a local area connection, go to Device Manager and uninstall ... the network adapter that the local area connection uses. ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...
  • network connections folder crash. Dr Wtson error+log
    ... Having a problem adding a network adapter. ... connections and click Properties for my Local Area Connection explorer.exe ... crashes. ... Dr. Watson log: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • promiscuous Mode detection?
    ... I found something about abnormal answers to crafted multicast packets... ... Additionally I found that some sniffers would produce lots of DNS ... - Or to make the network adapter decode _these_ ... (It's obvious that it should be easy to discover promiscous mode from ...
    (Security-Basics)