RE: MHTMLRedir.Exploit

From: MAP (MAP_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:45:03 -0700

"jeff" wrote:

> system.dat is infected with MHTMLRedir.Exploit. how do i
> get rid of it? norton can't fix it. ive tried the patches
> on microsoft.com and non of them work, i got win me,
> internet explorer 6 and outlook express 6. any help?

Reboot in "safe" mode and run Norton again,since it can find it,it should
also be able to remove it.Or due an online scan
http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/

It is also best that you have a trjan scanner as well as Norton A/V.
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

Relevant Pages

  • Email Messages Deleted after reboot & NDD problem fixing errors
    ... I downloaded my new emails from my ISP this morning, ... now I try to use Norton Disk Doctor and ... If I disable the fix button, it finds problems with the Security ... I did the reboot and a CHKDSK scan and the same problem is always ...
  • Email Messages Deleted after reboot & NDD problem fixing errors
    ... I downloaded my new emails from my ISP, ... now I try to use Norton Disk Doctor and ... If I disable the fix button, it finds problems with the Security ... I did the reboot and a CHKDSK scan and the same problem is always ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Loss Broadband Connection
    ... I think that if you had the time to open Norton, ... manually fix each blocked application and port, ... time to open and read all the Norton manual, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Vista not responding
    ... My friends and I all use it, which can help you fix all the problems you may encounter. ... Failure - Security Options -- Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog. ... This is completely unacceptable OS behavior:P. I thought Vista was supposed to have *improved* stability. ... nd recommended the software tuneup360 and Norton systemwork. ...
  • Re: pop up adds
    ... The problem with that is I also downloaded NORTON SECURITY SUITE the same ... we need to fix that too. ... If you want the best solution for your Internet habits first describe ... IE has some popup blocking ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)