Re: possible new virus

From: Malke (malke_at_nospoonnotreally.com)
Date: 09/23/04

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:30:37 -0700

inalotoftrouble wrote:

>>about the hotfix this does apply to me but how do i use
> this if i can get on my login what does it work in the
> system?

Call Microsoft - which you have to do to get the Hot Fix anyway - and
ask them. When you first call, they will ask for a credit card, but
your card will not be charged. Hot Fixes and related help are free.

Malke

--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] [inbox] Xbox live accounts are being stolen
    ... charge back the charges on your card with your credit card company. ... Xbox live accounts are being stolen ... I had 4 emails from Microsoft ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Cancelling your music account
    ... then make it so hard for customers to close out their open credit card ... Microsoft obviously is making it difficult for customers to close out their ... it so hard to cancel your MS Music Account in connection to your credit ... they don't let you cancel your account in an easy manner at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: XP Activation or phishing scam
    ... > We here at Microsoft would like you to still receive your normal ... Therefor we've made a web site so you can update or validate ... > Your Credit Card will not be charged. ... > credit card information to validate your windows system. ...
  • Re: $99 email support problem
    ... I don't see a form for entering credit card information on that page, ... out with what we know about Microsoft products. ... looking to buy support for Visual Studio.Net. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: Need to acquire a hotfix
    ... Why is Microsoft so stingy with their hotfixes? ... Credit Card is never requested for a Hotfix. ... > if you have trouble with it support may or may not require the credit card ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)