Re: i-dialer

From: Malke (malke_at_nospoonnotreally.com)
Date: 09/19/04

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:54:13 -0700

jones wrote:

> Any idea how to get rid of something called i-dialer?

Do the normal malware removal steps:

Scan with a current antivirus program (meaning a version not earlier
than 2003 using updated virus definitions). Also, remove spyware with
Spybot Search & Destroy from www.safer-networking.org and Ad-aware from
www.lavasoftusa.com. Be sure to update these programs before running
them. These programs are free, so run them both since they complement
each other. It is best to run antivirus and spyware removal tools in
Safe Mode. You may also want to run CWShredder and HijackThis from
http://aumha.org/freeware.htm. Although CWShredder is no longer being
updated, it will still clean older variants of the CoolWebSearch
malware. A combination of HijackThis and About:Buster
(http://www.majorgeeks.com) works well in removing homepage hijackers.
Please read the instructions carefully. Make sure you are able to see
all hidden files and extensions (View tab in Folder Options). Also,
make sure you've visited Windows Update and applied all security
patches. Do not install driver updates from Windows Update. Make sure
you are running a firewall.

Malke

--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: trojanhorsebackdoor.agent.ba
    ... run CWShredder and HijackThis from http://aumha.org/freeware.htm. ... Although CWShredder is no longer being updated, ... Do not install driver updates from ... Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: windows xp hangs frequently
    ... Hardware issues - computer overheating, power supply going, other ... CWShredder and HijackThis from http://aumha.org/freeware.htm. ... Windows Update; 7) run a firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: strange virus/spyware
    ... It looks like some form of spyware I guess. ... Although CWShredder is no longer being updated, ... I find a combination of HijackThis and AdBuster ... Do not install driver updates from Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: drvvb.dll error on closing windows!!
    ... Caesar wrote: ... What does a scan with a current antivirus program (meaning a version ... run CWShredder and HijackThis from http://aumha.org/freeware.htm. ... Windows Update. ...