Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 09/19/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:48:07 -0400

No. One just has to go to Windows Update web site. It will do the rest.

Dave

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Patching the vulnerability?
| Doesn't this require one to know what version he is using? Which is why I
| asked in the first place.
| Except for using a good A/V of course.
|
| "David H. Lipman" wrote:
|
| > Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access
scanning
| > enabled is what will keep the OP from being re-infected. Like I previously stated, this
| > goes back to 4/'03.
| >
| > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.mspx
| >
| > Dave
| >

| > "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | A good responce not only will help the poster remove the trojan but will
| > | also help him to prevent reinfection tomorrow! In which case the type of Java
| > | he is using
| > | is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected
| > | again in a few days?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: exploit to vulnerability
    ... But would you not have these boxes that require patching (new builds or ... whatever) in a secured environment? ... Subject: exploit to vulnerability ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan
    ... Patching the vulnerability? ... > | is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Is Windows 2000 still good enough ?
    ... You would have to examine the Microsoft EoL URL. ... Dave ... |> vulnerability that the latest MyDoom worm exploits and there may not ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan
    ... Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access scanning ... | is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Mike Lynn released information about a hacking Cisco IOS
    ... equipment is "Certs" some devices are cleared for work on set OS lvls. ... So patching isnt always an option. ... Mike Lynn released information about a hacking Cisco IOS ... technique with an old vulnerability that has already been patched. ...
    (Security-Basics)