Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan

From: MAP (MAP_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/19/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:43:01 -0700

Patching the vulnerability?
Doesn't this require one to know what version he is using? Which is why I
asked in the first place.
Except for using a good A/V of course.

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access scanning
> enabled is what will keep the OP from being re-infected. Like I previously stated, this
> goes back to 4/'03.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.mspx
>
> Dave
>

> "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | A good responce not only will help the poster remove the trojan but will
> | also help him to prevent reinfection tomorrow! In which case the type of Java
> | he is using
> | is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected
> | again in a few days?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan
    ... Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access scanning ... | is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: exploit to vulnerability
    ... But would you not have these boxes that require patching (new builds or ... whatever) in a secured environment? ... Subject: exploit to vulnerability ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan
    ... One just has to go to Windows Update web site. ... Dave ... |> Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Mike Lynn released information about a hacking Cisco IOS
    ... equipment is "Certs" some devices are cleared for work on set OS lvls. ... So patching isnt always an option. ... Mike Lynn released information about a hacking Cisco IOS ... technique with an old vulnerability that has already been patched. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • puzzling question
    ... worms. ... I was successful in removing these and patching ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)