Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 09/19/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:30:30 -0400

Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access scanning
enabled is what will keep the OP from being re-infected. Like I previously stated, this
goes back to 4/'03.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.mspx

Dave

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| A good responce not only will help the poster remove the trojan but will
| also help him to prevent reinfection tomorrow! In which case the type of Java
| he is using
| is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected
| again in a few days?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan
    ... Patching the vulnerability? ... > | is vey relevant.What's the point of removing it if he just gets infected ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: exploit to vulnerability
    ... But would you not have these boxes that require patching (new builds or ... whatever) in a secured environment? ... Subject: exploit to vulnerability ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Java/ByteVerify a Trojan
    ... One just has to go to Windows Update web site. ... Dave ... |> Patching the vulnerability and keeping his AV application up-to-date with On Access ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Mike Lynn released information about a hacking Cisco IOS
    ... equipment is "Certs" some devices are cleared for work on set OS lvls. ... So patching isnt always an option. ... Mike Lynn released information about a hacking Cisco IOS ... technique with an old vulnerability that has already been patched. ...
    (Security-Basics)