InoculateIT AntiVirus AVBoot Utility Updates

From: Ben-Zion Joselson (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/18/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:01:58 -0700

Eversince I purchased Windows 2000 Professional in year
2001, I have been regularly updating my AVBoot utility
bootable diskettes from
http://support.cai.com/Download/avboot2k.html website, as
arranged by Microsoft and instructed in the Windows 2000
CD in C:\VALUEADD\3RDPARTY\CA_ANTIV folder.

The AVBoot utility is unique in its ability to detect and
remove Memory Resident Viruses in Windows 2000, and I use
the AVBoot diskettes because Norton AntiVirus (included in
my Norton Internet Security) does not offer this ability
to Windows 2000 but only to Windows 98 etc.

This arrangement is detailed in the following URL [Unwrap
long line!]:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-
us/prork/pref_tts_xigh.asp

A quote from the ReadMe file on the W2K CD:

"For updates and more information please visit CA website
at:
            http://support.cai.com/Download/avboot2k.html"

My latest downloaded AVBOOT_E.zip from the CA website
contains 1440KB AVBOOT file Modified 24 July 2003. That
website no longer exists and CA people are unable to
support me on this matter.

Please advise how I can continue updating my AVBoot
utility bootable diskettes with all the current virus
definitions.

Note: Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional bootable
CD does offer scanning of memory when booting from the CD-
ROM, but the virus definitions are fixed in the CD and
cannot be regularly updated.

Relevant Pages

  • InoculateIT AntiVirus AVBoot Utility Updates
    ... Eversince I purchased Windows 2000 Professional in year ... I have been regularly updating my AVBoot utility ... "For updates and more information please visit CA website ... utility bootable diskettes with all the current virus ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Computing for Outlook Express in VB.
    ... >>> If it is running WinXP make sure it is preloaded with Service Pack 2 ... > and your Windows computer to play your games on and do VB6 programming on. ... website that my pal had gone to trouble of sending me. ... the website behind the bleeping pop up and hit ctrl+alt+del that gave me the ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: Registry error warnings
    ... > website and download registry repair tools. ... If you are running Windows ME or XP, you should disable/enable System ... System Restore point from the More Options section of Disk Cleanup ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: superscan on win2k vs winxp
    ... If you have any need to do this from a fully updated windows box. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on ... Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: (3) WINDOWS XP PRO - Register Product Key
    ... "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote: ... Windows Shell/User ... I also bookmarked the website for future use. ... There are several reasons why a product key may not be valid. ...