Re: virus infected files found in C:\UNDO
From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:12:14 -0400
Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
3) Using McAfee Stinger, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
5) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 200 ~ 400MB),
reboot your PC.
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
7) Please report back your results
"firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> wrote in message
| I have files infected with the Netsky and Bugbear
| viruses. Norton scan says they're located in C:\UNDO but
| when I do a search for that location it comes up empty.
| How do I get these files removed?