Re: svcnxp32.exe / W32.IRCbot

From: Frank Wheeler (frankwheeler_at_optonline.net)
Date: 09/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:52:28 GMT

Dave Lipman <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote...

> Before downlooading Lawrence's tool...

> 1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
> http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.htm
> 2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
> 3) Using your AV software, perform a Full Scan of your platform
> and clean/delete any
> infectors found
> 4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your
> platform
> 5) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and
> re-apply any
> System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested
> 200 ~ 400MB),
> reboot your PC.
> 6) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
> 7) Please report back your results

Too late... already did it. That tool blasted the file.

My only (I think) issue now is that my Norton IS 2002 is now blocking
access to the Internet.

--
- Frankly speaking...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A headache
    ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Help - Cannot eradicate Trojan - Collected.AE
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ... | removal tools.(Panda on-line scanner; ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Trojan Virus
    ... Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: W32.MyDoom error message when sending email
    ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: iwkk (anyone?)
    ... Update Ad-aware with latest definitions. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using Ad-aware ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)