Need Help please

From: Tom (Huverdash_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/14/04

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:31:52 -0700

I'm running Windows XP and am having several problems

1. I cannot enter Safe Mode on Startup

2. I cannot run a virus scan, it always has an error or
hangs and becomes non-responsive

3. System32 folder opens automatically and keeps opening
randomly regardless of what I do

Thank you to anyone who can offer help or suggestions

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant Log On in Safe Mode
    ... Mel Wrote: ... We are running Windows XP Professional. ... running XP Pro and had a trojan virus in the System32 ... directory - no problem I was going to boot in safe mode ...
  • P.C. wont load windows
    ... You have a virus. ... Power up and Hit f8 at startup ... in safe mode hit retart and f8 at startup and select ...
  • Re: Help, what is this file??! (Anyone? JJones CFrisch)
    ... > line startup'? ... Updated virus scans don't seem to ... start your machine in Safe Mode. ... > rename the file. ...
  • Re: Problem with Control+Alt+Del
    ... when i enter in safe mode it ... >>> By the way i'm running windows xp home edition with the service ... The best way to find out if your computer has a virus is by doing a scan ... a current version, not earlier than 2004, and your virus definitions ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: stuck in safe mode
    ... > I am running windows xp. ... I was told I have the svchost.exe virus. ... > told to go into safe mode and change registry info. ... > mode.Now the computer is stuck and will not exit safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)