Undetectable and Undletable Virus

From: sridhar duddukuri (sridharduddukuri_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/12/04

Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:25:03 -0700

hello,
   i have windows xp. whenever i try to type (.) it will replace . with
some weird charecters.this is happening in notepad, internet browser.then i
tried to install xp. i formatted my harddrive while installing. during
installation while enetering KEY it was replacing some charecters with some
weird charecters like /6 and displays a popup which we get if we right click
the mouse. i need your help guys, plz tell me how to get rid of that
virus.even i tried running Norton antivirus it didnot detect any virus.

thanks
sridhar

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: old xp home computers
    ... > clean install ....i hope. ... utilities on the Internet for the type of BIOS you have. ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...
  • Re: #### Second Request###
    ... >> this page cannot be displayed" Microsoft Internet explorer...This ... > Empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and make sure the ... > have to be the built-in Windows Firewall of Windows XP. ... > install a third-party application and configure/maintain it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)