Re: RPC Service Termintaed

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 09/06/04

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:19:34 -0400

Karl Levinson [x y] mvp wrote:
> Go to www.microsoft.com/security and look for a link regarding
> Blaster.
>
> I believe one of the recommendations for XP is to enable the firewall
> before connecting.

Actually, more importantly, no (Windows) computer should ever be connected
to the Internet without a firewall, even for a nanosecond.

> "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> A friend keeps getting the message "RPC Service
>> Terminated" and the internet connection is dropped. They
>> are running XP Home. We tried running the command
>> shutdown.exe -a to no avail. Any ideas on how to stop the
>> shutdown and where to find a fix?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RPC Service Termintaed
    ... >> Blaster. ... >> I believe one of the recommendations for XP is to enable the firewall ... >> before connecting. ... > to the Internet without a firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: RPC Service Termintaed
    ... Go to www.microsoft.com/security and look for a link regarding Blaster. ... I believe one of the recommendations for XP is to enable the firewall before ... connecting. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Leopard keeps picking up a spoofed IP
    ... Was in the Apple store and this problem flummoxed the Genuis Bar guy. ... Mac, bad Ethernet port on whatever you're connecting to, wireless connection ... problems, dead network, other possible problems) or software (incorrectly set ... firewall incorrectly set configd will not run. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: really evil ipfw rules
    ... After all of these messages hit your ISP's SMTP server to go out, ... Report the spam to the ISP ... > connection to an SMTP server, there is no connecting ISP. ... Using a firewall DENY rule only works if the spammer is connecting ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OMA not working - any pointers?
    ... Therefore it is outside the firewall ... Same device worked 100% connecting to an alternative SBS2003 Standard ... David ... >> Remote Web Workplace and Outlook Web Access work flawlessly however from ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)