Re: cannot download antivirus or firewall

From: Jurren Bouman (jurren_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/03/04

Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:56:06 +0200

Dr AK Dubey wrote:
> The moment I click on download, say Symantec, my computer
> jumps to: http//start-page.info/?u=1507. This has even
> replaced my homepage. I am not a computer expert.
> Please HELP !!!
> dr_dubey@indiatimes.com

See this website:
"Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites"
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

And/or:
"THE PARASITE FIGHT"
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

If you don't have any anti-virus/firewall software installed then you
could do an online scan at RAV:
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

and/or Panda:

If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at
least turn on XPs firewall:
"Use the Internet Connection Firewall"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/icf.mspx

--
Jurren Bouman
MVP Windows - Security

Relevant Pages

  • Re: virus/melicious code - help please !!
    ... NAT wrote: ... I have several security packages on my computer but it does not pick ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Worm.SomeFool.P
    ... > MSN e-mail. ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: my IE has been hijacked!!!
    ... "THE PARASITE FIGHT" ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Help
    ... "THE PARASITE FIGHT" ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: http://296f8.ilxt.info/index.php?aid=543 virus
    ... "THE PARASITE FIGHT" ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)