Re: I desparately NEED HELP !

From: Cris (cris_at_notienecorreo.com)
Date: 08/31/04

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:02:28 +0200

>I will then need to install the Service >Pack 2

Need? Wait for a moment... (or two...)

1-Before any attempt to install SP2: get information about it. Three links
related:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884130

Get as much information as possible about this issue. Read carefully it and
decide youself what to do and when.

2- Your computer may be running slow for several reasons:

a) Too many programs installed. Uninstall old ones.

b) Too many programs in Start/Run (Execute)/ Type msconfig in the box/ Go to
Start tab and uncheck unnecessary programs.

c) Spy/mal/adware:

Delete history, cookies, tep files and bin.

Update the following programs and run them in safe mode preferrable (F8)

CWShredder - http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip

Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Ad-aware - www.lavasoftusa.com

SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Hijack this - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

a squared A2 "Trojan Remover" - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

AND some in http://www.spychecker.com/topdownloads.html

d) There may be some other causes related to slow PC...

Comment your results.