Re: How can I clear virus

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:17:49 -0400

To remove the Korgo and Explet/Plexus worms...

Obtain the latest version of McAfee's Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
3) Using McAfee Stinger, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
            infectors found
4) Using your NAV software, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
            infectors found
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both NAV and
Stinger.
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
            System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 200 ~ 400MB),
            reboot your PC.
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
8) Please report back your results

Dave

"steve brown" <stephenbrown2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| My office provided me a new laptop 2 days ago and we
| downloaded from my company server all my emails, now I
| have two Viruses :
| W32.Explet.A@mm
| W32.Korgo.V
|
| I only get this message up when I use dial-up. And the
| virus stops me from opening any attatchment PDF file. I
| have Norton-Anti Virus 2003 which ran and also we
| download Stinger, But the Virus is still on my laptop.
| Does anyone know what I can do ?
|
| I appreciate any advise.
| Rgs
| Steven

Relevant Pages

  • Re: W32.Beagle.M@mm
    ... Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Welch worm I cant get rid of
    ... Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: W32.NetSky.P@mm thing
    ... Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: How to kill viruses w32.Sasser.C.Worm & w32.Erkez.B@mm
    ... > Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: ... > 1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: W2k3 - lsass shutdown problem