Re: How can I clear virus
From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:17:49 -0400
To remove the Korgo and Explet/Plexus worms...
Obtain the latest version of McAfee's Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
3) Using McAfee Stinger, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
4) Using your NAV software, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both NAV and
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 200 ~ 400MB),
reboot your PC.
7) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
8) Please report back your results
"steve brown" <email@example.com> wrote in message
| My office provided me a new laptop 2 days ago and we
| downloaded from my company server all my emails, now I
| have two Viruses :
| I only get this message up when I use dial-up. And the
| virus stops me from opening any attatchment PDF file. I
| have Norton-Anti Virus 2003 which ran and also we
| download Stinger, But the Virus is still on my laptop.
| Does anyone know what I can do ?
| I appreciate any advise.