cant access user files!!

From: zinda89 (zinda89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:11:03 -0700

Sounda like u have a bad partition, i have overcome this
same delema by simply installing another windows copy
right next to the original verson without deleting
anything u must leave all files intack and select install
on THE SAME PARTION AND RENAME THE WINDOWS INSTALL TO
ANYTHING OTHER THAN SIMPLY WINDOWS I USE WINDOWS2. Then
what its Essentually doing is an upgrade, that is what u
will make the comp think, then u can loggon as a cleaned
slate but go over to the old partition and retreive ur
files easily. There are other ways to do this , all
probably may be a recomended proceedure but i found this
is by far the quickest and easiest to do suceesfully.
Note u then need to imediatly store them to disks and
once u have retrieved all u need, i would then reinstall
it all clean and put the files back onto your hd in your
new clean environment. Its all pretty simple and takes
about 20 minutes on my comp tops, so its a time saver if
u have school deadlines to battle but have no real
business files to worry about. Ie: payroll records and
dated transaction type materials to archive.
and
>when i did, everything was erased from my computer. all
>of my personal settings were gone and reset to the
>original. and when i logged onto another User name it
>says "error loading C:\DOCUME~1\Lene\LOCALS~1
\Temp\gbe.tmp
>the process cannot access the file because it is being
>used by another process." i dont know how to access my
>files and it seems as if i lost all of my pictures and
>essays and files! heLp!
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xp on intel Mac from usb stick?
    ... Would it be possible to run windows xp native from a usb stick? ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... partition managers but if you're feeling adventurous you may ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Missing applications after XP clean install/reinstall - Help!!
    ... Here's my problem in a nutshell: I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 clean. ... I've managed to get my main user profile back so I have all of my documents, ... I have the install disks for a lot of my major applications - Microsoft ... 40GB partition. ...
  • Re: Missing applications after XP clean install/reinstall - Help!!
    ... Here's my problem in a nutshell: I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 clean. ... I've managed to get my main user profile back so I have all of my documents, ... I have the install disks for a lot of my major applications - Microsoft ... 40GB partition. ...
  • Re: Dual boot problem
    ... The install went smoothly but when the computer restarted it ... went straight into Windows XP and the Grub Bootloader did not appear! ... One produced the same problem) For some reason the Grub bootloader had ... install GRUB on the first track on the partition where I installed ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Corrupt Windows XP config file
    ... I attempted to install Windows XP in the second partition, ... I then brought up the Recovery Console and used the FIXBOOT command to try ...