Re: prorat

From: Bruce (bruce.astro_at_SPAMBGONEverizon.net)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:49:51 GMT

"Br0wnbear" <brownbearat@canadadotcom> wrote in message
news:9bkui090choptd8j0j8blsajkk9kotcice@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:08:50 GMT, "Bruce"
> <bruce.astro@SPAMBGONEverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >I've deleted all of the infected files *except* services.exe, which
windows
> >won't let me touch... any suggestions?
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Bruce
> >
> Bruce
>
> check the task manager (right click empty space on toolbar select
> task manager)
> stop service.exe from running.
>
> hth
> Seems winter is coming fast. *sigh*

Thanks Br0wnbear, yes winter is coming fast. We went to the beach last
weekend and it was just about too chilly to go in the water.

I should have mentioned I'm running win98SE, I can't find task manager
like I would in win2k or XP. I did ctr-alt-del and didn't see services.exe
so I
ended all programs but explorer and still couldn't delete or rename
services.exe
I hope I don't have to reformat and reinstall!
Bruce

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Explorer.exe not responding (need to end/start it)
    ... processes that are not required and keep adding/rebooting one at a time until ... > but when I logon as a 'regular' user I do. ... > toolbar, ... If I watch it in task manager, it just consumes memory up to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: I am new to XP , I could not able to get the Menu options on my Task Manger window.
    ... Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP ... > Secondly i cannot able to use my Toolbar when i am offline. ... > And lastly i want to uninstall the software which i have installed ...
  • No Windows anymore!!! HELP!
    ... I rebooted my pc after it crashed to find that my toolbar ... and icons were missing from my desktop. ... task manager but everything else isn't working. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: where has my start button gone!!!!
    ... Do you have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen without the Start button ... Open the Task Manager and end process on Explorer.exe. ... Repair/Customize Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)