Re: prorat

From: Bruce (bruce.astro_at_SPAMBGONEverizon.net)
Date: 08/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:49:51 GMT

"Br0wnbear" <brownbearat@canadadotcom> wrote in message
news:9bkui090choptd8j0j8blsajkk9kotcice@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:08:50 GMT, "Bruce"
> <bruce.astro@SPAMBGONEverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >I've deleted all of the infected files *except* services.exe, which
windows
> >won't let me touch... any suggestions?
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Bruce
> >
> Bruce
>
> check the task manager (right click empty space on toolbar select
> task manager)
> stop service.exe from running.
>
> hth
> Seems winter is coming fast. *sigh*

Thanks Br0wnbear, yes winter is coming fast. We went to the beach last
weekend and it was just about too chilly to go in the water.

I should have mentioned I'm running win98SE, I can't find task manager
like I would in win2k or XP. I did ctr-alt-del and didn't see services.exe
so I
ended all programs but explorer and still couldn't delete or rename
services.exe
I hope I don't have to reformat and reinstall!
Bruce