Re: yEaKuKz

From: Br0wnbear (brownbearat_at_canadadotcom)
Date: 08/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:28:31 -0400

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:30:37 -0700, "Rosemary"

>Does anyone know why this comes up on my computer when I
>sign on to windows? Then in the address line it has
>www.engagingphotos.com/staff.html.....Please help.

Rosemary

spyware/hijack
It installs a file in the system32 directory that runs in your
processes at startup. Then it throws in 5 registry keys, a registry
value etc, etc.... Anyway

I would recommend downloading, installing and UPDATING
Both Spybot S&D Version 1.3 www.safer-networking.org and Adaware SE
www.lavasoftusa.com

run them one at a time, one normally finds what the other misses.

Also run an on-line Virus Scan @ www.pandasoftware.com/activescan
Adaware reports a probable virus installed.

hth
John D. Brown
Seems winter is coming fast. *sigh*

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MSH Prompt Here Power Toy Installer
    ... I had to tweak the ACLs on the registry keys to get it to work on my ... > Like the Windows XP Power Toy "Open Command Window Here", ... > installs a context menu item into the Windows Explorer context menu for ...
  • Re: MSH Prompt Here Power Toy Installer
    ... And here's a .msh script to do the same thing: ... >> installs a context menu item into the Windows Explorer context menu for ... >> and uses that to form the command line for the command registry keys ... >> For those that are interested I have attached the VS 2005 setup project ...
  • RE: 811493 repeatedly (BillP)
    ... 11 installs of 811493 since 2/11/04 ... >We have the same problem with some of our Win2k machines. ... >>namely your checking that the right registry keys are ... >>for Microsoft Windows 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)
  • Re: Multiple msjet40.dll
    ... System32 directory. ... patch installs. ... If you uninstall the patch, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)