Re: Removal of W95.CIH Virus

From: Lance (lltbhill_at_link_earth.net)
Date: 08/25/04

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:08:22 -0700

I don't understand. I think you are saying you received an email that
contains this old CIH (aka Chernobyl) virus. Your computer runs WinXP
and can't get infected.

I would delete the email.

I'm sure I missed something. How do you know you are sending viruses?

Lance
*****

Jan said the following on 8/25/2004 10:26 AM:

> I have subject virus in earthlink email. Using Norton
> Anti-virus 2004, cannot remove it. Earthlink states it is
> a Windows95 error on the operating system. When I try to
> download the kill_CIH tool from Norton's web page, it
> states it cannot infect computers running on Windows XP
> which is what I have. I have uninstalled Earthlink and
> Norton anti-virus but neither seem to help. Cannot
> receive email at this time and am sending viruses.
> Suggestions please!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Removal of W95.CIH Virus
    ... | I have subject virus in earthlink email. ... Earthlink states it is ... | a Windows95 error on the operating system. ... | Norton anti-virus but neither seem to help. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)