Re: trojan horse dialer

From: Jurren Bouman (jurren_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:27:31 +0200

Bill wrote:

> Help please.I have a trojan horse dialler which avg can
> not get rid of.avg names it as c:\windows\temp\NLNG.dat
> trojan horse dialer 9.N .It keeps disconnecting my
> internet and then connecting me to a different number an
> icon called ww13 then appears on my desktop and in my dial
> up networking folder.Everytime I delete it it reappears
> again.any help please?

If it's in your 'temp' file then just delete the files in the 'temp'
folder. Or use the "Disk Cleanup" utility in Accessories | System Tools.
If that doesn't help try rebooting into "safe mode". Would be helpful if
you also post on exactly which Windows version you're on.

--
Jurren Bouman
MVP Windows - Security

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Gmail emails issue
    ... So whats the big deal with the temp folder at the server end being ... > He means a temp folder on the gmail server. ... The same happens on Yahoo Messenger file share. ... Shouts to henrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx who was the security engineer at the ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Temp files deleted - reduced network speed - PLEASE HELP.
    ... this pc is now virus/worm/trojan free as verified by security ... I use Windows Washer 6.0 by Webroot - but this is what was ... >> glankit wrote: ... >>> one box, in the removal proccess, the software deleted some temp OS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What are the ~DFnnnn.tmp files?
    ... Is there a security risk in getting ... attachment temp ... >opened, in various folders. ... file is created that appears to contain some client ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: What are the ~DFnnnn.tmp files?
    ... Is there a security risk in getting ... This file could be a MS Word or other MS Office or email attachment temp ... opened, in various folders. ... NTFS is only available in Windows NT / XP / 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Trojan Horse Downloader.Easto.B
    ... > night and I tried getting rid of it, ... I went to google to search info on it but ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)