Re: help! don't want roommate to be able to bypass password

From: Br0wnbear (brownbearat_at_canadadotcom.com)
Date: 08/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:00:02 -0400

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:41:15 -0700, "cachet"

>My roommate keeps using my computer without my permission.
>I put on a screensaver password, but she reboots my comp
>and then bypasses my windows password by hitting cancel or
>esc. How do I secure my computer, so she can't do that?
>
>Please help!

There are tweaks you can do in the registry on the computer.

Here is a link to one. I drove my son nutz with it for awhile and then
upgraded to w2k.

http://www.dougknox.com/security/validated.htm
READ the instructions and understand them thoroughly before doing
this.

hth
John Brown
Bears are always happy, we get to hibern8

Relevant Pages