Re: help! don't want roommate to be able to bypass password

From: Br0wnbear (
Date: 08/16/04

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:00:02 -0400

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:41:15 -0700, "cachet"
<> wrote:

>My roommate keeps using my computer without my permission.
>I put on a screensaver password, but she reboots my comp
>and then bypasses my windows password by hitting cancel or
>esc. How do I secure my computer, so she can't do that?
>Please help!

There are tweaks you can do in the registry on the computer.

Here is a link to one. I drove my son nutz with it for awhile and then
upgraded to w2k.
READ the instructions and understand them thoroughly before doing

John Brown
Bears are always happy, we get to hibern8

Relevant Pages