Re: Claria

From: N. Miller (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:51:50 -0700

    In article <4fb601c4806e$3d5f4c30$a601280a@phx.gbl>, Guy says...

    > I downloaded a precision time program from a pop-up.

    I hope that you learned your lesson. Never give a spammer so little as the
    time of day. Spammers exist because people accept their wares. Dump every
    unbidden commercial offer; if everybody would do that, there would be no
    money in spamming, and no spam. Even just clicking on links, and downloading
    free programs; the links are "pay per click", and the spammer gets paid by
    the ad sponsor; the "free" programs come with advertising pop ups which call
    home, and the spammer gets paid by the advertiser every time you run that
    program.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain