Re: Claria

From: N. Miller (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:51:50 -0700

    In article <4fb601c4806e$3d5f4c30$a601280a@phx.gbl>, Guy says...

    > I downloaded a precision time program from a pop-up.

    I hope that you learned your lesson. Never give a spammer so little as the
    time of day. Spammers exist because people accept their wares. Dump every
    unbidden commercial offer; if everybody would do that, there would be no
    money in spamming, and no spam. Even just clicking on links, and downloading
    free programs; the links are "pay per click", and the spammer gets paid by
    the ad sponsor; the "free" programs come with advertising pop ups which call
    home, and the spammer gets paid by the advertiser every time you run that
    program.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    • Newsreader
      ... Veni, vidi, visa (I came, I saw, I paid) Spammer: don't bother removing the SPAM from the E-mail ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
    • Re: Real-time Machine Translation Service? Is it true?
      ... Hello spammer. ... Is it paid or is it free? ... has to add something on this matter, please, respond. ... Richard Herring ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: FOUND A NEW pal
      ... spend $180.00 for a big mutha 'ol used controller bag, ... I paid no where near that from Jim, spammer. ...
      (alt.coffee)