Re: ZoneAlarm ver 5.0.590.015

From: Jim Byrd (jrbyrd_at_spamlessadelphia.net)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:28:32 -0700

Hi IWB - I've had no problems with it, and it does fix the chkdsk/defrag
problem that existed with 5.0.590.015.

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
> I'm wondering about the new ZoneAlarm 5.1.011. Is it as bad as
> 5.0.590.015? Anyone other than ZA labs test it yet. what do any of
> IWB
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Suggest you consider thoroughly before you install this. There are
>> many reports about
>> problems. I have had 3-4 myself and have gone back to ver
>> 4.5.594.000.
>>
>> 1. Doesn't remember which tab you were in when you X out of the
>> window.
>> 2. Downloading becomes iffy! Seems to interfere with the Microsoft
>> download window.
>> 3. Can't get the latest NAV updates from their web site because of #2
>> 4. Doesn't recognize some of the AntiVirus programs (sort of like
>> XP-SP2)
>>

>> --
>> Regards:
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka  Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ZoneAlarm ver 5.0.590.015
    ... Hi IWB - I've had no problems with it, and it does fix the chkdsk/defrag ... >> download window. ... >> Richard Urban ...
  • Re: ZoneAlarm ver 5.0.590.015
    ... Hi IWB - I've had no problems with it, and it does fix the chkdsk/defrag ... >> download window. ... >> Richard Urban ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm ver 5.0.590.015
    ... Hi IWB - I've had no problems with it, and it does fix the chkdsk/defrag ... >> download window. ... >> Richard Urban ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)